Friday, July 11, 2008

$100 Free from PNC & $50 from Sharebuilder Back!

I was pleased to open my email up today and have an email from Sharebuilder telling me my $50 bonus has hit my account! Woo, hoo! More free money! You can click here to read my original post on the free money I got from them.

And, I am thrilled to say that they have new $50 codes posted, as per Blueprint for Financial Prosperity. Click here to get the code and apply for your free $50 yourself.

I plan to sign my husband up this time, and get another $50 free. I am so excited!

On top of that, PNC Bank is once again offering $100 to open a new checking account and set up direct deposit. You must sign up by July 19th, so not too much longer. Click here to take advantage of this free money. You have until September 30th to make your first direct deposit, and then your $100 is credited within 7 days.

Please note: on this offer, your direct desposit must be at least $500. Don't worry, though. You can have your direct deposit hit your account, and then just transfer it to your normal checking account if you need the money in that account ( most banks take approx. a week to transfer money between institutions online ).

As always, make sure to make a copy of the terms and conditions before you sign up and keep it handy, in case you need to get manual credit. I had to provide a copy of my details when I did the $200 Chase offer earlier in the year. If I wouldn't have kept the paperwork, I would have been out of luck.

Also, when doing bank offers, here are 3 important pieces of information you need, in addition to everything I posted above.

1. How long must my account remain opened? Find out, then mark on your calendar the earliest date you can cancel it without your bonus money being taken away from you.

2. What is the minimum account balance my account must have in it to avoid fees? If it is $100, for example, make sure to leave at least that much money in there until you can cancel the account and withdraw it.

3. Does the bank do a soft or hard credit inquiry? When I did PNC Bank last month, they did a soft inquiry. But, I always advise each person to call the bank right before they sign up online to ask them if they will do a soft or hard pull on their credit. A soft pull is not a concern. A hard pull will show up on your credit score, so you will need to decide then whether or not you want to move forward.

Interested in how I make money doing this bank offers? Click here to read my original post on the subject.

And, as I try to clean my blog up, I will also make a drop down list for curent bank offers, too. So, here we go....



Don't forget to enter my July $100 Giveaway. Simply click here to read the details and enter.

2 comments:

E said...

I really like your blog topics even though they are more "advanced" to me than just "clip this coupon and buy this toiletry" (in fact, I think that's why I like it!).

Quest about the sharebuilder--if we already have an account, how do we use the new code? Also, how do you get the money out (or do you just reinvest it?)

Carrie @ Moneysavingmethods.com said...

Hi e,

I am so glad you enjoy my posts.

I try to post the steps I take each day of my life in the hope of earning and saving money for my family. So, you are right. Sometimes they are are little more involved then cutting coupons, BUT the payout can often times be very high!

Although I am an avid coupon clipper and shopper, as you can tell from my blog, I really believe that time is money...and I don't like to spend all my time on coupons.

I feel I can make better money on doing small activities like opening accounts/online offers, etc to make higher dollar amounts that benefit my family even more.

I hope my experiences can help others do the same.

ANYWAY...I'm getting off the topic. But, my understanding of Sharebuilder is that I can now transfer my $50 to my personal checking account or I can reinvest it. It is up to me.

I plan to transfer mine to my high interest checking account for now. If I run into any problems, I will definitely post about it.

Now...I am going to set my husband's account up , so we can get another $50. Again...this is just my understanding ( I can tell you in 6 weeks if it all goes well ), that everytime a new code comes out, you can set up a new account for each member of your family...including children.

So, I plan to do my hubby, and then eventually my 3 kids, too. And, I will transfer my kids money to their own personal savings accounts we have set up for them. I figure, it is their money! :-)

I will keep you posted on my husband's account as it pans out.

 
Photobucket