Thursday, April 17, 2008

Kroger giving Free Grocery Money to Customers!

Click here to read my recent post with many more companies and grocery stores also offering these incentives.

If you are an avid Kroger shopper like myself, this is a good deal! Heck, it is a great deal!


In fact, I am throwing around the idea of jumping on this on May 2nd ( or whenever my stimulus check gets here ). That is when their program begins. It ends on July 31st.


Kroger Company and all their grocery owned stores, including Baker's, City Market, Dillons, Fred Meyer, Fry's, Gerbes, Hilander, Jay C, King Soopers, Owen's, Pay Less, Ralphs, Smith's and QFC stores, will be offering an extra 10% to any customer who cashes their tax or stimulus check and puts it on a Kroger Gift Card.


Only one per household up to $1,200!


So, the break out they are working off of looks like this...


  • $300 gift card ( you cash the $300 and apply ) and they add $30

  • $600 in gift cards and they add $60 ( this is 2 $330 gift cards )

  • $1,200 in gift cards and they add $120 ( this comes in 4 $330 gift cards )

If, for example, your check is for $500, per say, they cash it, apply $300 to the gift card, they add $30 and they give you your additional $200 in cash. I hope that makes sense.


ALSO, and this is good to know, if you don't have a copy of your check ( since I e-filed and had it direct deposited ) they will still honor the gift card 10% bonus if you pay with cash, credit card or personal check. SOOO...I am going to try this with my credit card and see what happens.


For example, if I decide on the $600 gift card...I would put that on my credit card ( get 6% ) and then also get 10% added from Kroger! Then, I will just cash my stimulus check at the bank and deposit it and use it to pay my credit card bill. That is an extra $36 on top of the $60!


If you want the full details, click here to read the article on the program.


I have to sit down and figure out which value I want. But, no matter what, I am definitely taking advantage of an extra 10%! Considering I spend at least $25 at Kroger a week, that adds up to $100 per month, so the smallest gift card would be gone in a little over 3 months time. The largest card would probably last me the year!

2 comments:

mom_of2boys said...

Great post! I was going to post about the same thing today but I have been very busy...

Sears and Kmart are doing the same thing.
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/dap_10153_12605_DAP_Tax+Stimulus?adCell=A1

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/dap_10151_10104_DAP_Tax+Stimulus?adCell=A3

Ann @TheAssetEdge said...

I'm thrilled to hear we can use a credit card with the deal at Kroger! Thanks! I just linked to your article on my blog. :)

 
Photobucket