Thursday, August 7, 2008

$15 Free from Revolution Card

Refer A Friend using Revolution Money Exchange
If you have been reading my blog or any other "savings" blog in the last 6 months, you probably heard or signed up for Revolution Money Exchange. It was the greatest deal...you signed up for a free account and they have you $25 free. Then, you refer your friends, and they give you an extra $10 per person. Wow! Click here to read my original post on the company.

And, if you want a little bit of background, Revolution Money Exchange is trying to compete with Paypal. The catch? They are free! There are no fees to transfer money and pay another person. Love it! I have used it many times now, and it is so easy.

Well, since my original post, they of course have discontinued the $25 Sign On Bonus. How long could they really give free money away, anyway? :-)

But, now they are trying to expand their services and are giving $15 away for free to those who activate their Revolution Card.

Now, before your mind starts running away with you and you think this is just another credit card...think again! This is not a credit card at all! And, it does not affect your credit score in any way.

This card is simply a card that accesses the money you have in your Revolution Money Exchange account. To me, it seems to work more like a Debit card since it takes the money directly from your balance.

Where can you use this card? Many, many establishments. Click here to get a full list. I, personally, am going to simply use mine to buy Meijer gift cards for myself, since I know I will use those for groceries in the near future AND I can buy the exact amount I need to get my FREE $15. But, don't worry if that doesn't work for you. You can use it at Kohl's, Walgreens, CVS, Macy's, etc, etc, etc....check the list!

Here is the deal:

1. Sign up for Revolution Money Exchange. Click here.

2. If you are a current customer, by August 15th, they will send you a Revolution Card. It SHOULD come with the $15 promotion. You must activate the card. If you don't receive your card, call 1-800-794-9071. If you are not a current customer, once you sign up, your card should arrive pretty quickly. If you don't receive it within 2 weeks, I would give them a call.

3. Load money to your Revolution Money Exchange account.

4. Use your card for a $25 or more purchase and get $5 FREE into your account within 7 days. You can do this 3 times to get a total of $15 FREE. So, I will be loading $75 to my account.

5. Your transactions MUST be made within 90 days of account activation.

Why am I buying gift cards to Meijer? I know I will use them AND $5 on a $25 gift card is a 20% savings on my groceries! Woo, hoo!

And, I just don't want to overlap my 90 days or forget about this promotion and thus lose out on free money. So, it will be easier for me to do 3 $25 transactions and then just hold on to the gift cards until I use them on my shopping.

So, enjoy your free money! And, for all of you who signed up with me months ago...keep your eyes peeled for your card in the mail. Remember to call if it doesn't arrive by the 15th!

No comments:

 
Photobucket