Thursday, August 7, 2008



I'm a day late making my Kroger grocery run this week, so I apologize. But, well, the days just got away from me.

Most of my savings this week were straight from the Grocery Game ( please use referral moneysavingmethods@yahoo.com ), but I did have a few additional savings...as I mixed and matched from the list and my own finds.

  • Betty Crocker Frosting - Reg $2.19 - Sale $1.50 - $.55 Shortcuts Coupon - $.50 Manufacturer Coupon ( doubles to $1.00 ) = Profit of 5 cents

$10 Kellogg's Rebate Scenario

  • Keebler Cereal...Buy 2 ( I bought Mini Wheats ) - Reg $3.85 - Sale $2.00 - Manufacturer Coupon $1.00/2 ( 50 cents off a piece ) - Rebate from this Sunday paper ( make sure to buy 10 product combination ) $1.00 off per item = $.50 per box of cereal

  • Pop Tarts...Buy 4 ( Buy 2 any variety and 2 need to be the NEW extra calcium ) - Reg $1.98 - Sale $1.79 - (there were 2 in this Sunday's paper) Manufacturer Coupon $1.00/2 ( 50 cents off a piece ) - Rebate from this Sunday paper ( make sure to buy 10 combination ) $1.00 off per item = $.29 a box

  • Eggo Waffles..Buy 2 - Reg $2.16 - Sale $1.79 - Manufacturer Coupon $1.00/2 ( 50 cents off a piece ) - Rebate from this Sunday paper ( make sure to buy 10 combination ) $1.00 off per item = $.29 a box

  • Keebler Cookies - Reg $3.79 - Sale $1.88 - Manufacturer Coupon $1.00/2 ( 50 cents off a piece ) - Rebate from this Sunday paper ( make sure to buy 10 combination ) $1.00 off per item = $.38 a piece

You may be able to get these cheaper before the rebate is up, but, well, I was happy with these prices, and we haven't had cookies or pop tarts in the house for a long, long while. AND...my kids love Eggo waffles...so it was well worth those low prices.

Don't forget there was a FREE coupon this week for Friskies Cat Treats. I don't have a cat, but I always pick these freebies up to give to my parents...who adopted my Scarlett after I got married ( husband is allergic ).

Also, my Kroger coupons arrived in the mail today. They usually include some freebie coupon, and this time, mine was for free Strawberries. So, I took advantage of that. Read that mail!

Before you walk out of that store, check your receipt. If you are buying from the Grocery Game list or your own sale match ups, it is quick to scan the receipt and make most products rang up as a sale item!

This week, I got 2 Irish Spring Soap packs at $2.29 a piece free ( 2 different varieties..so both were free ), and 2 Ice Cream Toppings at $2.99 a piece free ( 2 different varieties ). Plus, I used a $1.00 off coupon on both of the toppings...so I technically made a profit of $2.00 & $10.56 worth of products free!

Plus, bring those plastic bags each week. Kroger will give you 5 cents per bag and they reuse it for your groceries. Click here to read my original post. I average about $1.00 a week..although this week was only 50 cents. $1.00 a week is $52 a year and you are helping the environment

Finally, my weekly reminder...cut those Box Tops for Education, Campbells Labels, Tyson Labels, etc immediately and put them with your stash to send back to school in the fall. That is FREE money for the school's in your community. No kids in school? Still cut them! Give them to a neighbor, drop them off or mail them yourself....

Happy Shopping!

No comments:

 
Photobucket