Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Noggin & You can help Kids Read

I am sure you all know these 2 things about me if you are a loyal reader to my blog.....

  1. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to read. You can click here to read about my post about this love and my favorite books. :-)
  2. I also LOVE taking advantage of donating to charities for FREE. What do I mean? Companies are constantly running programs where they will donate to charities if their consumers and customers go through certain steps. Click here to read my original post on donating for free.

So, what is the latest donation opportunity for you? And, why am I so excited about it?

Noggin is going to donate a book every time someone clicks on a button on their site. You can click here to go to the appropriate page and find the link to click.

You can come back each day to click again and another book will be donated.

Who are getting these books? Children in need! How excited am I? Very! I hope some of these children can benefit and someday love reading as much as I do!

Here is the exact verbiage from Noggin's site:


Did you know that only 1 out of every 300 children from low-income families owns a book of their own? Or that there's a proven correlation between the number of books in a child's house and their ability to read and achieve academically? It's amazing that something as simple as a book can make such a big difference. Being the brand that "is like preschool on TV," NOGGIN believes it is important to support and build early literacy skill on our air and online.

NOGGIN has committed to generating 1,000,000 NEW books for kids in need. In partnership with First Book, we will use our TV network, our website and outreach to place NEW books into the hands of kids who need them most.

As of this post, when I checked their site, they were up to 420,000 books donated! Yeah! I have been clicking daily to donate a book, and you can to! You can go back each day and click once.

So, why not? Write a little sticky note now, stick it on your monitor, and each day when you boot your computer up....click here first. And, you just donated a book to a child thanks to Noggin!

Before I go, on a different note...I will be adding a drop down menu to my sidebar on all the free donation opportunities you can take advantage of each month. Check back by the end of the week to see it!

Don't forget to enter my June $25 Giveaway. Simply click here to read the details and enter.

No comments:

 
Photobucket