Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Easy and Fun Money with Focus Groups

Yesterday was a great day for me! And, Focus Groups were part of the reason. I got my $75 for 2 hours of enjoyment.

First, though, I had a wonderful morning voluteering at my 3 year old daughter's preschool. She had show and tell that day and it was her turn to bring a snack in. It was so fun to watch her interact with all her classmates and see her "very seriously" walking around with her "purple bunny" and letting everyone touch it with "two" fingers during show and tell.

She, also, got to stand up and lead the 7 days of the week & the 12 months in a year songs, count out the days of the month with a pointer and put the weather chart on the board. She thought ( and she is ) very important! It was truly such a fun morning for me. I volunteer up there once a month, but it has never fallen on her show and tell day before, so I was very pleased to be able to witness her excitement.

Because I had to volunteer that morning, my mother helped me out by grandbabysitting the other 2 kids. So, thankfully, since she was already there, I was able to take advantage of the $75 2 hour Snack Study thru Luth Research and Survey Savvy.

I will tell you this, the 2 hours just FLEW by. There were 5 of us in the focus group and we all got to give our feedback on many different aspects of snacks and snack mix. AND...we actually got to eat many different varities. Wow...it doesn't get much better than that. What can I say, I enjoy getting paid to eat!

In fact, I was so surprised. They actually paid me on the spot. And, in cash! I thought I would get a check in the mail sometime in the future. So, I was even happier when I left! Too bad I am not a shop-a-holic. I could have went and had some fun shopping without the kids. But, me, being who I am, drove right home with my loot in my pocket...

So, after such a wonderful day, I thought I would share with you, and ask for some feedback on any Research Companies in your area.

Currently, this is a list of companies I am familiar with or get periodic calls to participate in their studies. And, a huge thanks to my neighbor, Kecia, again for all her input. She helped me consolidate this list for everyone.

Some are medical research groups, and that is up to each individual if they want to participate in these types of studies. But, I thought I should still list them. Others are general research companies.

Please sign up, if you are interested in being considered for their studies.


Didn't see a focus group for your state? Too many Ohio choices! :-) Click here to go to Green Book. Although this is a site for clientele of Market Research companies, you can do a search by your state and visit the companies website. Some of the companies will have online applications to join their panels.

If anyone knows of any focus group and market research companies in your area, feel free to email me or leave a comment. I will add it to the list for everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Carrie for mentioning us in your article.

Our website is www.LittleViewpoints.com and we accept mothers of children 0-7 and EXPECTANT moms too.

Hope everyone signs up, it takes just 2-3 minutes andwe have lots of fun here!

 
Photobucket