Every year, I try to bring you the different Tax Preparation ( and lowest priced ) options available.
As I have mentioned, some Mystery Shopping companies offer Tax shops. These are often worth $100's of dollars from different well known franchises, and well worth it if you qualify. Each has their own qualifiers, so you will need to see if you would be accepted for the shop.
To sign up to be a Mystery Shopper w/ all the companies I recommend, >click here.
Today, though, I would like to introduce the software I am using this year. Why? Because it is free! So far, so good.
This year, as my forms arrive in the mail I have logged into my account and entered it as it arrived. I am hoping it will save me TONS of time at the end. We will see. :) So far, so good though. But, I am still waiting for paperwork to arrive.
I have used Tax Act in the past and decided to go with them again this year, since they are free.
So, here are the details on Tax Act:
- It is Free to Prepare, Free to Print and Free to eFile. Join here.
- The Software is for Easy forms AND Complex Forms ( this has always been my issue w/other software, I had to pay because my taxes aren't simple )
- Free Online Tax Guidance via Email ( if you get the answers and want the computer to answer it, you will be upgraded to a paying software..so use email instead )
You aren't getting:
- Automatic import ( so you will need to log in like me and enter your information from your forms )
- Automatic tracking and value of your non cash donations.
- Expert Tax Help on Demand ( you will need to use the email help instead )
- State Return
So for FREE, I am very pleased with their software thus far.
If you would rather get these additional features, it isn't too expensive.
- Tax Act Deluxe is only $9.95
- Tax Act Ultimate is $17.95
Meanwhile, I will start a Tax button in the left menu bar with the different options I will be introducing over the next few weeks.
Also, if you notice your financial institution is offering any Tax Software incentives to your, please shoot me an email. I would like to update everyone on these options as well.
Like this site? Please subscribe via Email or Feed to receive your daily updates!
And, don't forget to catch up with me on Twitter, my Facebook Page and my Facebook Group.
Click here to Refer a Friend