Tuesday, January 19, 2010

EverBank - $50 Bonus or New High Interest Checking Account

If you read my $10K Challenge for 2010, you know one of the methods I will be using to earn money for my family is out High Interest Checking Account.

It is probably safe to say, the majority of you reading have a checking account. But, the question you need to ask is do you earn interest? And, if so...is it time to reevaluate the interest rate you are earning?

For my family, we moved to Salem Five a few years ago for their great interest rate. But, since then the rates have dropped and we are at less than 1%. So, it is definitely important to reevaluate.

Nervous about moving everything over? The first time I moved accounts, I was. But, I set the new account up and then got my new routing and checking account number. I then sat down with a few months of statements from my old bank and looked at all the withdrawals ( automatic ) that hit each month. I then logged into each one and updated my account information.

By sitting down all at once to update my routing/checking for all automatic payments, I was able to get it all done fairly quickly and easily. The time spent will be worth the money I earn.

So today, sit down and find yourself a new High Interest checking account ( or verify the one you have is earning you a top rate ).

To get you started, here is an account worth looking at right now. Specifically, because you ALSO can get a $50 Bonus if you decide this is not the account for you. Nice incentive!

Ever Bank - 3 Month Rate of 2.25% ( then 1.26% )

  • FreeNet Checking Account
  • 3 Month Intro Rate of 2.25% or all and then drops our New Account First-Year APYs which is $50,000 - $99,999.99 1.46% APY, $25,000 - $49,999.99 1.21% APY, $10,000 - $24,999.99 1.17% APY and under $10,000 1.14% APY. As of January 15, 2010
  • Pledges to keep their rates in the top 5% of competitive accounts
  • Minimum opening balance of $1, 500. Recommended opening balance of $5,000 ( free online bill pay and ATM Reimbursement included then )
  • No Min. Required to earn interest
  • No Monthly Fee
  • Free unlimited ATM Reimbursement ( that means free ATM usage anywhere ) with a balance of $5,000 or higher
  • Free Online Bill Pay with a balance of $5,000 or higher
$50 Guarantee Bonus

  • Not convinced this is the bank for you? Get a $50 Bonus.
  • 3 Online Bill pays required ( opening balance of $5,000 gets you free online bill pay )
  • Click here to read all the details.
Would you like to sign up with EverBank and get your new High Interest Checking account or a $50 Bonus? Click here.




Like this site? Please subscribe via Email or Feed to receive your daily updates!
And, don't forget to catch up with me on Twitter, my Facebook Page and my Facebook Group.

Click here to Refer a Friend


No comments:

 
Photobucket