Saturday, May 9, 2009

Summer Reading Fun Teaches Kids Giving!

I promised I would bring fun summer programs as I find them over the next few weeks!

And, I am excited to share Scholastic's summer reading program because I absolutely love the fact that due to the work of your children ( reading their books ) they will also be contributing to the amount of books donated to kids in need! Yay!

My understanding is that if children log 4 or more books, a book will then be donated. On top of that, they get a chance to participate all summer and potentially win great prizes, too.

If you are already taking part in the Barnes and Noble Summer Reading program, click here for details, you mind as well log the books here to and have a book donated! And, what a great opportunity to share with your children how they are helping others.

Want to take part in the Scholastic Summer Reading program? Click here.

And, don't forget other great ways to donate for free! You can click here to read my original article on the importance of this and how it can help your community.



In fact, I am now going to be on the board of the PTO next year in regards to donation opportunities. It was right up my alley. I will be overseeing all the Kroger card donations, Target card donations, etc. And, I will assist in the Box Tops, Campbell's Labels, etc, too. Yay!

I hope you enjoy this new summer program and way to help donate to others!



Like this site? Please subscribe via Email or Feed to receive your daily updates!
And, don't forget to catch up with me on Twitter and Facebook.

Click here to Refer a Friend

Cash-Back Christmas Shopping plus Online Coupons Galore at Mr. Rebates!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hi Carrie,

I wanted to let you know that I tried to grab your button and the code didn't work. Looks very short.

laura
momovertheedge@blogspot.com

Rachel from Texas said...

6/1-7/31... free $3 shopping card for Half Price Books for every week a child reads atleast 15 minutes per day. 12 and under. http://www.halfpricebooks.com/feed_your_brain.html

HEB reading program (found on Swaggrabber) Read 10 books mail in form to get a free tshirt. http://www.hebuddy.com/content/pdf/summerreadingclub.pdf

 
Photobucket