Wednesday, May 21, 2008

$3 Free a Week for Reading!



Well, my eldest is only 5, but his love of reading he got from me. In fact, I am so impressed by his reading abilities ( aren't all moms ) that I just can't wait until he is a bit older and reading some of the classics from my childhood.

Of course, he probably won't love all the books I did. I just don't see him sharing my love of Laura Ingalls and the Little House on the Prairie series, but, well, there are some I think we will both love. Even now, we love reading the tricky Dr. Seuss books together. I try to read them as fast as I can to him..and he tries to get through it all without getting tongue tied.

And, since we all know how I just LOVE to read, here is a wonderful summer freebie!!

Half Price Books and CiCi's Pizza are teaming up to offer the Feed Your Brain summer reading program. And, I can't say enough good things about this program. It is such a great incentive!

Here are the details:

  • Runs from June 1-August 2nd
  • 10 and under only
  • Pick up a Feed your Brain Log at Cici's or Half Price Books
  • Your child checks off each day they read more than 15 minutes
  • Parent/Guardian signs off that they read
  • Bring your signed log into Half Price Books or CiCi's
  • Receive a $3 Half Price Books shopping card or Free Kid's Buffet at CiCi's ( w/ adult buffet )
  • Repeat above steps for each week until August 2nd

I plan to use this as an incentive to make sure my son keeps up his reading through the summer months, and he gets a prize each week...$ to buy a new book or a dinner at CiCi's.

I would probably opt for the $3 each week, but I will give him a choice a few weeks out of the summer. My kids just love CiCi's. I, of course, would rather hit our local Big Dog's pizza...yum!

I hope you can take advantage of this great offer, too. If you would like to read the details, click here. I am really looking forward to this!

1 comment:

Andrea @ Mommy Snacks.net said...

Great info - thanks! I'll be forcing..um, encouraging, my oldest to participate with this and the Barnes & Noble one too!

 
Photobucket